If you love pizza, you’ll adore our Chorizo Pretzel Pizza!
This yummy take on a classic personal pizza is so easy to make, and the end result is absolutely mouth-watering! Pizza in any form is pretty darn delicious just check out this melty and gooey crockpot pizza! but this recipe looks extra scrumptious.
I’m a huge fan of any recipe that puts a bit of a twist on a classic. Chorizo Pretzel Pizza is just a hop, skip, and jump away from a traditional sausage, pepper, and onion, but it’s a little bit different. For one thing, this yummy recipe has a bit of a kick to it, thanks to the spicy chorizo sausage.
For another, this recipe uses baking soda and salt to give the dough a crackly crust, just like a pretzel. The end result is a personal pizza that’s chewy and gooey, with a nice crunch to the crust and a hint of zippy spice!
Print out the recipe below to make it at home!
- 1 personal-size package pre-made pizza dough
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1 cup warm water
- 12 Tbsp. olive oil
- 14 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 14 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 14 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 12 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Shredded fresh basil, to taste
- Roll out pizza dough on floured work surface.
- Stir baking soda into warm water. Dunk pizza dough in solution. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and add peppers, onion, oregano and chorizo. Saut and set aside.
- Place a thick layer of cheese on pizza dough. Add sauted toppings over cheese.
- Bake pizza 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded basil if desired
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.